50% Indoor Dining Capacity For NYC Restaurants Beginning March 19
News today arrived that New York City restaurant’s allowed indoor capacity can go up to 50 percent beginning Friday, March 19.
We learned of this today through a joint announcement from NY Governor Andrew Cuomo and New Jersey Governor Phil Murphy.
Previously, the maximum capacity for the city was at 35%.
The announced date coincides with another recent declaration by the Governor – wherein he said that all areas outside of NYC could operate at 75% capacity starting March 19.
The fact that both governors are acting in unison with such a declaration falls in line with a train of thought pursued by Governor Cuomo long ago. That is, keeping folks from traveling to another state for the sake of seeking out that which they’re not afforded within their own town. Working together keeps problems at bay.
“In New York State, our decisions are based on science and data and we are encouraged by the continued decline in infection and hospitalization rates,” Governor Cuomo said. “In partnership with the State of New Jersey, we are expanding our indoor dining openings in New York City to 50 percent. We will continue to follow the science and react accordingly. If we keep the infections down and vaccinations up, we will continue to stay ahead in the footrace against this invisible enemy and reach the light at the end of the tunnel together.”