Hudson Yards’ Vessel and Edge Reopening on September 2
The Hudson Yards today announced that the Vessel and the Edge will be reopening to the public this Wednesday, September 2.
The news comes after months of closure since March of this year. They’ve been shuttered much like all of New York City’s cultural institutions, businesses and other non-essential offerings which were shut down due to the COVID-19 Crisis and New York State’s lockdown.
We’ve reserved tickets for the coming week and look forward to returning once again with cameras in hand.
On their site are listed health and safety protocols to be instituted.
VESSEL HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS
To ensure the well-being and safety of all employees and visitors, we have instituted measures, in collaboration with the Mount Sinai Health System and in accordance with guidance issued by federal, state and local authorities. Here’s how we’re keeping you safe:
- REDUCED CAPACITY: For your safety, we have reduced the number of guests that can visit Vessel each day to maximize the space available for you and ensure optimal spacing between people.
- TIMED TICKETS: Pre-booked time slots will help stagger arrival times to avoid queues and crowds.
- FLEXIBLE TICKET POLICIES: For visitors who are displaying symptoms or are unable to travel to Hudson Yards, you can easily reschedule your tickets so you can visit when you are healthy. If you can’t and you have a Flex Pass ticket, you’ll receive a full refund.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING: Floor markings have been installed to help you maintain appropriate social distance from other visitors.
- ONE-WAY TRAVEL: A one-way system has been introduced at the experience to minimize guest contact.
- FACE COVERINGS: All Vessel visitors (over age 2) and employees are required to wear face coverings that fully cover your nose and mouth. Complimentary face coverings will be available for those who require them.
- ELEVATORS: We are operating the elevator at reduced capacities to maintain appropriate social distance, and therefore, there may be limited availability for priority elevator access tickets.
- EXTENSIVE TRAINING: Our team will be fully trained on the new protocols to ensure you have a safe visit.
- INCREASED CLEANING: We’re increasing the frequency of cleaning and sanitizing high-touch areas in both back and front of house areas. This will be facilitated by additional staffing across our cleaning team.
The related page for the Edge is styled differently from that of the Vessel – although, much of the detailed outlines are similar.