NY Governor Hochul Welcomes the Winter Activity Travel Season
Today’s partial press release from the Office of the Governor of New York State:
“It’s the most wonderful time of the year to visit the State of New York,” Governor Hochul said. “From beautiful snow-covered landscapes to world-class food and drink, New York State has something for everyone this winter. We’re ready to welcome back tourists from across the country and across the globe to experience the fun and make new memories.”
Pack your bags and grab your skis or board for an amazing getaway at one of over 50 ski areas across the state. Remember: third and fourth graders ski free at many of these mountains, and be sure to check the latest Ski Association of New York Snow Report for the most up-to-date conditions.
- Windham Mountain invested more than $4 million in capital improvements, including snowmaking upgrades, an environmentally friendly groomer, the redevelopment of the Children’s Learning Center and a new “Magic Carpet” conveyor lift.
- Holiday Valley in Ellicottville installed the Yodeler Express, a high-speed detachable quad chairlift that helps beginners, allowing for increased efficiency – transporting 2,400 people per hour to the 2,000-foot summit.
- Catamount Mountain Resort in Hillsdale made significant upgrades to their snowmaking system, installed two new chairlifts and added new food and beverage options to the base area.
- Whiteface in Wilmington has a new SkyTrac quad, continued into phase II of their three-phase snowmaking improvement project (including almost 30,000 feet of replacement snowmaking pipe) and finished renovating their Cloudsplitter Gondola.
- Bristol Mountain in Canandaigua added a new trail called Polaris to their Galaxy Lift Pod, improved their snowmaking capabilities and installed Axess Smart Gates on all lifts so skiers and riders can access the mountain with their Bristol Gateway Cards.
Oak Mountain in Speculator doubled their snowmaking capacity, replaced their Bunny Hill T-Bar with a Sunkid surface lift, and added new skis and snowboards to their “Rossignol Rental fleet.”