Saturday, August 20
12:00 – 6:00 pm
Along Nostrand Avenue from Atlantic Avenue to Prospect Place in Brooklyn
Show up and support all that makes the area great. Its local cultural institutions, small businesses and more + Get to meet Carl Banks of the NY Giants!
- Sound stage with DJ sets, and jazz and steel bands, all hosted by M.C. Rae Holliday and special guests
- NY Giants alumni meet-and-greet with Carl Banks from 1:30-2:30p, in partnership with Citizens.
- Speaking engagements with New York state and local elected officials
- Bedford Central Presbyterian Church 170th-year anniversary celebrations
- A “Kids Zone,” rock climbing wall, and bouncy house plus free throw competition and free ice cream
- Health screening (breast cancer; HIV and Covid-19 testing; mental health services)
An initiative which has been in the works for the last 3 years and is finally possible thanks to their sponsors, Citizens and the NY Giants, and their partnerships with LISC NYC, and NNAMA (North Nostrand Avenue Merchant Association); along with local block & tenant associations and key community stakeholders. Attendees will have the opportunity to support our fantastic merchants while also providing Central Brooklyn families free access to open space and community and health programming along Nostrand Avenue.