The Rink (previously known as the Pond) at Bryant Park
At the bottom of this page you’ll find a map for this skating venue.
As can be expected, the rink is opened up with rules accommodating the state’s COVID-19 requirements and regulations. Reservations are taken on an hourly basis through their website.
Following is a list of what’s to be expected (that’s new) for this season:
- Contactless payment: all transactions are online only.
- Outdoor experience: from check-in to skate pen, skating this year is a fully outdoor experience. Dress accordingly!
- Skate time: skate sessions are timed from your arrival to departure from rink. Please arrive on time for your session.
- Storage: Bag Check has moved out of the skating areas, and lockers have been eliminated. Please read below carefully before your visit:
- All skate rentals come with a complimentary shoe bag that will be worn on your back with shoes securely stowed.
- If you are bringing your own skates, you must have a similarly sized bag* (16″ x 18″) OR you can purchase one onsite at The Rink or Bryant Park Shop.
- All other items must be checked before entering skating areas. Bag Check is on the south side of the park, near the carousel.
- Absolutely no personal items can be left on the ground, on benches, or with chaperones in skating areas. Unattended items will be taken to security and will be subject to Bag Check fees upon retrieval.
Our very first post from years ago: We passed by on a Sunday afternoon for the first time once and oh what a treat to finally see an actual skating rink in midtown Manhattan! We’d encircled the rink a couple of times so’s to get a better perspective and although the rink is a tad bit smaller than New York City’s others it was surely big enough for all to enjoy. So even if you’re not aiming to go skating it might behoove you to pass by just the same if you’re in the area. Official Page
The Rink Hours
October 30, 2020 – ???
Every Day: 8:00 am – 10:00 pm
Skate Rental Prices are dependent upon the dates chosen. They’ll range from $21 all the way up to $36 for the moment. In past years, the prices go up as you get closer to the holiday season.
No details for lock rentals, helmets, lessons and more to come…